Sunday, October 18, 2009

Navajoland: Come for the Unemployment, Stay for the Dust

(Which is not to be disrespectful to the Navajo. I think most Navajo would in fact appreciate the dark humor. And to be fair, there was an awful lot of dust.)

As I mentioned, the other week I went on a volunteer trip to the Navajo Reservation. We worked on the roof of a house that was about ten minutes from town. Behind the house was a view like this:


Next door to the dorm was a trading company with a wall like this:



I accomplished many things.

Happy Point Count: 52. It was significantly higher, but see that picture? These folks are selling Brown Sheep Top of the Lamb for $4.25/skein, and Lamb's Pride for $4.50/skein. Plus I was lonely, and I'd like to point out that some people shoot heroin when they get lonely.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Jealous (1)

And I'm so glad that you are not shooting heroin. Buying yarn is SO much better on many levels.

sallygriff/ariema said...

now that is my idie of heaven a yarn shop