Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Lace: How to Read a Chart

Tonight, I tried to pick up where I left off on my Traveling Roses Scarf:


I had the chart in front of me, and I stared and I stared for minutes and minutes. Dinner was on the verge of burning, but I couldn't tear myself away from that chart until I deduced properly where I'd left off. I began to mutter, to curse, to squint. How could I be so lost? How could it be this impossible to find my place? I'd only put it down less than two weeks ago! Confoundit, that stupid, mother-effing piece-of-crap pattern written by the biggest b--

Oh.

I was holding the paper upside-down.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! I'm so glad yo figured it out!

I've burned dinner, too, trying to work through knitting...

Cathy R said...

Oh, Dear.

Somehow I've not managed to do that one... yet.

thanks for the laugh!!

Chery said...

At least you were not holding the knitting upside down or wrong side out...