Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Arts the Beatdoctor is watering my beans.

No, really. That's not a euphemism. He is.



The fella has ten Dutch hip-hop artists in Austin for SXSW, and five of them are staying at his apartment. That's a little too crowded for me -- but what about my poor, struggling potted plants, eking out an existence on the fella's partly shaded balcony?

Arts the Beatdoctor has been kind enough to water my veggies during his stay. Now, I'm not trying to ruin his ultra-cool hip-hop image or anything... but I tell ya, the guy's a sweetheart.

Otherwise... A friend said that today is the strangest day of the year in Austin, which is saying something. It's the day the film portion of SXSW segues into the music free-for-all, and all the gleaming Enterprise rentals head back as the sleeper vans and converted school buses roll into town. Whoosh!

If you're in town, try to make it to the Arts showcase tomorrow. And as Skiggy Rapz does his thing over Arts's beats, you can enjoy the thought of the man behind the turntables politely watering some potted bush beans.

1 comment:

Kara said...

How funny! I swear I won't tell a soul. The man has a rep to protect.