Monday, September 1, 2008

FO: Albuquerque Gloves!

Apparently camera + cord + battery + recharger = pictures!

No kiddin', I've got pictures this time. For realz.


pattern: Albuquerque Gloves by Cailyn Meyer.

completed: August 20, 2008.

yarn: Knit Picks Palette (100% wool; 1 ball each of Sky, Calypso Heather, Marine Heather, Golden Heather, Salsa Heather, and Garnet Heather. Enough left over for perhaps a second pair?)

made for: charity auction, with permission.

needles: size 1 dpns

mods: Lessee... I switched out a couple of the blue tones. The ribbing is 2x1 and 2 rows longer at the wrists. I did some m1L and m1R for my increases, because I'm stubborn... That's about it. A great chance to improve my colorwork abilities!


These really aren't my style personally, but I'm still crazy-goofy proud of them. For one thing, these were my Ravelympics project, the one that I finished on time and in twelve days. For another, that's some nice stranded colorwork there, folks. If I do say so myself.

Props to Cailyn Meyer for writing a good pattern, by the way. If you're interested but would prefer a more traditional design, look at her Snowflake Fingerless Gloves.

While borrowing my fella's camera (and cord and battery and recharger) I snagged some shots of a couple other FOs. La la la, it's gonna be picture city around here for a few days!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, those are fantastic! "Nice" colorwork? Please, it's awesome! You should definitely be proud of your work with these.

Erin said...

I love the colors of these. Beautiful job!

Anonymous said...

I like the pictures from fella's camera. Too love your gloves, they are so comfortable & stylish too.

Kara said...

The design is really amazing. Pretty unique. Great job!