Sunday, October 7, 2007

My First Yarn Crawl

Today, my mother and I joined the first annual Hill Country Yarn Crawl, touring five LYS (little yarn stores) in one day.

It was a long day.

And I took no pictures. I just sort of forgot, y'know?

Here's what I have to say about it:

1. I freakin' love bamboo yarn.

2. I came in just under budget: around $46. This is unlike most women on that bus, who were toting packs large enough to hold three small children by the end of the day.

3. My mom's neat. We had fun chillin'.

4. There's this awesome bakery in Boerne, TX that serves a killer tomato and avocado soup. Darned if I already forgot the name. Near River Road?

5. I have to stop knitting for a while.

As to #5... Yeah, I was going hard core on Thermal (7 inches of sleeve one!) all week, and then I got to today, and I sort of want to stop for a while.

My self-imposed deadline was October 15. That's the day my volunteer team and I arrive in Shiprock, New Mexico, for a week of home repair on the Navajo Reservation. I planned to wear Thermal at night in the cool desert evenings.

Don't think that will happen. Oy!

By the way... Thanks to the people who urged perseverence with the fluffy shawl. To those who did not respond, I appreciate your tact. :)

1 comment:

Sally Comes Unraveled said...

I wish I could have gone, but my budget and my schedule could not take it. Balance.