Tuesday, July 24, 2007

On the needles


I finished one project, a hat of my own design:


It is fairly simple, with ribs and a few cables for snugness.

The yarn is Blue Sky Organic Cotton (100% organic cotton, color 84, 100g, 150 yds). I hope I made the hat small enough that even when it stretches it will still fit; we'll have to see if this one will turn out to be fair or frog.

I am a week and a half and only 2.5 inches into Thermal. Yes, a sweater out of fingering weight yarn is likely nothing more than a dream, given how slowly I knit, but you can't blame a girl for trying. I'm knitting it from Knitpicks Gloss, same as in the pattern.



On Saturday morning, I looked in the Austin Chronicle for something to do, only to learn that on Friday night there was a yarn swap at a new store called Craft-O-Rama. They have beginning sewing classes for only $48, and sewing machines you can use for $8/hour. I may try it. After all, you can never have too many hobbies, right? (Shyeah.)

In other news, on Sunday, I joined the ranks of those who have finished the Harry Potter books.
I will keep my mouth firmly closed and fingers very still as to the events of the last book, but if anybody out there is ready to go gaga with me over what happens, let's get on that! I'm bursting at the seams.

1 comment:

MizLu said...

Gorgeous color for thermal!